Twinkle & Toast is a calligraphy and design studio that creates meaningful, one-of-a-kind wedding invitations and paper goods. Specializing in custom wedding invitations suites, stationery and pointed pen calligraphy, every product is tailored to the modern bride. We are happy to announce we are now hiring for a part time PRODUCTION ASSISTANT.
Ideal requirements include:
– Strong attention to detail, a quick learner and self-starter.
– Ability to work accurately, quickly and efficiently. Wedding deadlines are real and non-negotiable!
– Professional, dependable, trustworthy and accountable. Will be privy to client information and business files.
– Friendly, outgoing and passionate to deliver a quality experience to our sweet brides and grooms.
– Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel / Word, Google Drive Docs / Sheets, Webmail / Gmail applications, Dropbox and other basic business platforms preferred. (Lead management platform used: Honeybook)
– Beginning experience with InDesign and/or Illustrator a plus, but certainly not required.
– Interest in event, wedding and/or creative industry a bonus. Previous experience in this industry not necessarily required.
Tasks may include but not limited to:
– Invitation and stationery assembly: gluing envelope liners, tying ribbon, stuffing envelopes, sealing envelopes, applying stamps, etc.
– Proofing calligraphy (envelopes, place cards, etc.) for spelling and accuracy.
– Packaging up orders and preparing items for shipment.
– Running errands: dropping off paper, pick ups from printers, delivering items locally to clients.
– Basic email correspondence with clients and vendors.
– Miscellaneous admin work.
– Occasional photo shoot event set up or event attendance.
Depending on the applicant there is potential future growth in other areas (not guaranteed):
– Advancement in graphic design tasks within Illustrator and InDesign.
– Social media responsibilities.
– Working directly with clients and booking sales.
– Business to business networking.
– Design and calligraphy opportunities.
Please be aware this is NOT a design position. Experience with calligraphy, illustration, etc. is enthusiastically welcomed but absolutely not required or necessary.
This is a W2 employee part time position with 10-15 anticipated hours per week (more or less). Hours may vary each week and season depending on workload. Spring, Summer (especially) and Fall will have the busiest months. Hours may be lighter during Winter and not necessarily guaranteed. Currently there is not a plan to extend this position to full time, but there is always a possibility this can change. Compensation for this position starting at $15/hour. Hours can vary and will be agreed upon together but must fall between M-F, 8am-5pm range. Must be comfortable working from an in home office (in east San Diego area). Local candidates only.
If you read through this all and are interested in applying please email Taryn via firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your resume, brief cover letter, schedule/availbility for M-F timeframe and what your favorite holiday is. Deadline to apply February 1, 2018.